What is this? A guest that has not yet registered on the forum? Or are you just a member that has not logged in? No worries. If you wish to create a new account, and jump into the epic squish-squish action, press the register button bellow. If you have an existing account, click the login button bellow and type your information.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

What is this? A guest that has not yet registered on the forum? Or are you just a member that has not logged in? No worries. If you wish to create a new account, and jump into the epic squish-squish action, press the register button bellow. If you have an existing account, click the login button bellow and type your information.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all classic rock fanatics and music junkies.

3 posters

Rush

That Guy
    That Guy
    First Solo
    First Solo

Rush Empty Rush

Post  That Guy Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Rush is a Canadian rock band originally formed in August 1968, in the Willowdale neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario, composed of bassist, keyboardist, and lead vocalist Geddy Lee, guitarist Alex Lifeson, and drummer and lyricist Neil Peart. The band and its membership went through a number of re-configurations between 1968 and 1974, achieving their current form when Peart replaced original drummer John Rutsey in July 1974, two weeks before the group's first U.S. tour.
    Since the release of the band's self-titled debut album in March 1974, Rush has become known for the instrumental skills of its members, complex compositions, and eclectic lyrical motifs drawing heavily on science fiction, fantasy, and libertarian philosophy, as well as addressing humanitarian, social, emotional, and environmental concerns.
    Musically, Rush's style has evolved over the years, beginning in the vein of blues-inspired heavy metal on their first album, then encompassing hard rock, progressive rock, and a period dominated by synthesizers. They have influenced various musical artists, including Metallica, and The Smashing Pumpkins as well as progressive metal bands such as Dream Theater, Primus, and Symphony X.
    Rush has won a number of Juno Awards, and was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 1994. Over their careers, the members of Rush have been acknowledged as some of the most proficient players on their respective instruments, with each band member winning several awards in magazine readers' polls. As a group, Rush possesses 24 gold records and 14 platinum (3 multi-platinum) records. According to the RIAA, Rush's sales statistics also place them fourth behind The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Aerosmith for the most consecutive gold or platinum albums by a rock band. Rush also ranks 79th in U.S. album sales with 25 million units. Although total worldwide album sales are not calculated by any single entity, as of 2004 several industry sources estimated Rush's total worldwide album sales at over 40 million units. The band's most recent tour, an intercontinental promotion for Snakes & Arrows ended on July 24, 2008 in Noblesville, Indiana.

They made hit songs like YYZ (Which was put in Guitar Hero 2 as a master track), Today's Tom Sawyer, and Witch Hunt(Which I personally like) I suggest you check em out.
    Chibi
    Chibi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Rush Empty Re: Rush

Post  Chibi Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Meh. I was never really into them all that much. I think the ONLY relation I have with them, is that my uncle was (is) the original light manager of the band. You see those flashy lights and laz0rz at those concerts? He did it (Same as a few ozzy, Pink Floyd, and Yes concerts.)
    Phantom
    Phantom

Post  Phantom Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Oo, that's sorta awesome Erik
    That Guy
    That Guy
    First Solo
    First Solo

Post  That Guy Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:46 pm

I believe you told me that before Erik. I think the closest I have to something like that, is my grandmother getting an autograph from John Lennon. Too bad she already sold it..... :C

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:38 pm