What is this? A guest that has not yet registered on the forum? Or are you just a member that has not logged in? No worries. If you wish to create a new account, and jump into the epic squish-squish action, press the register button bellow. If you have an existing account, click the login button bellow and type your information.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

What is this? A guest that has not yet registered on the forum? Or are you just a member that has not logged in? No worries. If you wish to create a new account, and jump into the epic squish-squish action, press the register button bellow. If you have an existing account, click the login button bellow and type your information.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all classic rock fanatics and music junkies.

+2
Chibi
Hammy
6 posters

Jefferson Airplane

Hammy
    Hammy
    First Guitar
    First Guitar

Jefferson Airplane Empty Jefferson Airplane

Post  Hammy Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Jefferson Airplane is a psychedelic rock group that formed in the US in the early 60s, featuring vocalist Marty Balin, guitarist Jorma Kaukonen, and bassist Jack Casady. The band is noted for it's memorable tunes, such as White Rabbit, and Need Somebody to Love. Any followers up in here?
    Chibi
    Chibi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Jefferson Airplane Empty Re: Jefferson Airplane

Post  Chibi Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Love them. The lead singer's voice is beautiful and ambient. One problem I have with the band is the drums. They are amazing, yet on each song they are toned down so much, you can just hear it over the bassline. OH, and that they're name is the street name for a small joint.
    Hammy
    Hammy
    First Guitar
    First Guitar

Post  Hammy Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Chibi wrote:Love them. The lead singer's voice is beautiful and ambient. One problem I have with the band is the drums. They are amazing, yet on each song they are toned down so much, you can just hear it over the bassline. OH, and that they're name is the street name for a small joint.

Surprised to see a fan here. A lot of people lost interest in them after they changed to Jefferson Starship.
    Chibi
    Chibi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Chibi Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Hammy wrote:
    Chibi wrote:Love them. The lead singer's voice is beautiful and ambient. One problem I have with the band is the drums. They are amazing, yet on each song they are toned down so much, you can just hear it over the bassline. OH, and that they're name is the street name for a small joint.

Surprised to see a fan here. A lot of people lost interest in them after they changed to Jefferson Starship.

UGH! Jefferson Starship is just crap compared to the early stuff they did. I just... try to avoid that stuff like a radioacive Roach.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Post  Phantom Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Radiactive roach.. *images green slimey giant killer roach* x3x
    Farcry
    First Guitar
    First Guitar

Post  Farcry Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Phantom wrote:Radiactive roach.. *images green slimey giant killer roach* x3x

Roach: Street term for pot or a joint.

I don't know. I really enjoyed the later years of the band. Took a large leap of styles...
    Chibi
    Chibi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Chibi Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Farcry wrote:
    Phantom wrote:Radiactive roach.. *images green slimey giant killer roach* x3x

Roach: Street term for pot or a joint.

I don't know. I really enjoyed the later years of the band. Took a large leap of styles...

They are a little bit more pop and just start throwing sound effects all over the place, in a messy way. Do NOT want. Do NOT want. They are no Beatles.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Post  Phantom Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Hrm.. Random sound effects is stupid. .-. Well, somtimes it can be good, but eh.
    DarkCannon
    DarkCannon
    Learning Chords
    Learning Chords

Post  DarkCannon Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:50 pm

I like some of the new work. When they remastered the old tracks a few years back.. It just sucked. Poor edits/jumpy/ect.
    Chibi
    Chibi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Chibi Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:44 pm

DarkCannon wrote:I like some of the new work. When they remastered the old tracks a few years back.. It just sucked. Poor edits/jumpy/ect.

I like listening to surround sound, other then jumping drums, thank you very much..
    Toady

Post  Toady Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Chibi wrote:
    DarkCannon wrote:I like some of the new work. When they remastered the old tracks a few years back.. It just sucked. Poor edits/jumpy/ect.

I like listening to surround sound, other then jumping drums, thank you very much..

just not the way THEY did it? Blah..... I hated the newer work of Jefferson Airplane as well. It just wasn't the same...
    Chibi
    Chibi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Chibi Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:54 am

Toady wrote:
    Chibi wrote:

just not the way THEY did it? Blah..... I hated the newer work of Jefferson Airplane as well. It just wasn't the same...

Personally, I think Lather was a good song. Kind of reminds me a Peter Pan... or micheal jackson. Wait, who WAS a little boy, and who TOUCHED little boys? *Is shot*
    DarkCannon
    DarkCannon
    Learning Chords
    Learning Chords

Post  DarkCannon Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:38 pm

I was listening to a Jefferson Starship song on the radio today and... did they change the singer at one point?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:09 am