What is this? A guest that has not yet registered on the forum? Or are you just a member that has not logged in? No worries. If you wish to create a new account, and jump into the epic squish-squish action, press the register button bellow. If you have an existing account, click the login button bellow and type your information.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

What is this? A guest that has not yet registered on the forum? Or are you just a member that has not logged in? No worries. If you wish to create a new account, and jump into the epic squish-squish action, press the register button bellow. If you have an existing account, click the login button bellow and type your information.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all classic rock fanatics and music junkies.

5 posters

Yes

Hammy
    Hammy
    First Guitar
    First Guitar

Yes Empty Yes

Post  Hammy Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Yes is such an inspirational band. Be surprised if their aren't any fans around here. So who here listens to them? Surprised
    Phantom
    Phantom

Yes Empty Re: Yes

Post  Phantom Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:45 pm

I've heard of them once or twice.. I HATE not knowing all the older bands x3x

Blame it on my parents for thinking music is evil. So I never listened to music like EVER intill I was 16..
    Hammy
    Hammy
    First Guitar
    First Guitar

Post  Hammy Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:02 pm

IF you have a lot of time, listen to Close to the edge. A mix of Rock, Progresive, Reggae, and a ballad all in one track. It's 23 minutes of pure beauty.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Post  Phantom Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:06 pm

I don't have time right now, but I'll be sure to listen when I get home.
    Chibi
    Chibi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Chibi Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Hammy wrote:IF you have a lot of time, listen to Close to the edge. A mix of Rock, Progresive, Reggae, and a ballad all in one track. It's 23 minutes of pure beauty.

Amen to that, bromo. :U Steve Howe is up there in my top 10 guitarists. His style is varied from each verse, to each song, which keeps a song fresh and new, to the listener. My favorite tracks by them have to be Going for the One and Close to the Edge.
    Hammy
    Hammy
    First Guitar
    First Guitar

Post  Hammy Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Chibi wrote:
    Hammy wrote:IF you have a lot of time, listen to Close to the edge. A mix of Rock, Progresive, Reggae, and a ballad all in one track. It's 23 minutes of pure beauty.

Amen to that, bromo. :U Steve Howe is up there in my top 10 guitarists. His style is varied from each verse, to each song, which keeps a song fresh and new, to the listener. My favorite tracks by them have to be Going for the One and Close to the Edge.

Bro..mo? O___o

The keyboards strike me, more then the guitar. In some songs it gets kinda messy and I can't help but block it out...
    Phantom
    Phantom

Post  Phantom Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Messy is sometimes gud though
    Farcry
    First Guitar
    First Guitar

Post  Farcry Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Hammy wrote:
    Chibi wrote:

Bro..mo? O___o

The keyboards strike me, more then the guitar. In some songs it gets kinda messy and I can't help but block it out...

Got some bromosexualls up in 'ere.

Agreed. The keyboard is what keeps it in place. Kinda like... an early Kansas.
    Toady

Post  Toady Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:08 pm

Farcry wrote:
    Hammy wrote:
    Chibi wrote:

Bro..mo? O___o

Got some bromosexualls up in 'ere.

Agreed. The keyboard is what keeps it in place. Kinda like... an early Kansas.

Kansas inspired indeed. Just listen to A Song About America.
    Chibi
    Chibi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Chibi Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Yes will be touring North America this summer, after a long 30+ years of retirement.

http://www.yesworld.com/
    Phantom
    Phantom

Post  Phantom Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Oh hey, look at that.
    They're going to be playing in a city a days drive away from me~

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:32 pm