What is this? A guest that has not yet registered on the forum? Or are you just a member that has not logged in? No worries. If you wish to create a new account, and jump into the epic squish-squish action, press the register button bellow. If you have an existing account, click the login button bellow and type your information.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

What is this? A guest that has not yet registered on the forum? Or are you just a member that has not logged in? No worries. If you wish to create a new account, and jump into the epic squish-squish action, press the register button bellow. If you have an existing account, click the login button bellow and type your information.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all classic rock fanatics and music junkies.

4 posters

Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Heaven and Hell

That Guy
    That Guy
    First Solo
    First Solo

Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Heaven and Hell Empty Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Heaven and Hell

Post  That Guy Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:48 am

Black Sabbath are an English rock band, formed in Birmingham in 1968 by Tony Iommi (guitar), Ozzy Osbourne (lead vocals), Terry "Geezer" Butler (bass), and Bill Ward (drums and percussion). The band has since experienced multiple lineup changes, with a total of twenty-two former members. Originally formed as a heavy blues-rock band named Earth, the band began incorporating occult- and horror-inspired lyrics with tuned-down guitars, changing their name to Black Sabbath and achieving multiple platinum records in the 1970s. Despite an association with occult and horror themes, Black Sabbath also composed songs dealing with social and political issues such as drugs and war.

As one of the first and most influential heavy metal bands of all time, Black Sabbath helped define the genre with releases such as quadruple-platinum Paranoid, released in 1970. They were ranked by MTV as the "Greatest Metal Band" of all time, and placed second in VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" list, behind Led Zeppelin. They have sold over 15 million records in the United States alone. Rolling Stone has posited the band as 'the heavy-metal kings of the '70s'.

Vocalist Ozzy Osbourne's drinking led to his firing from the band in 1979. He was replaced by former Rainbow vocalist Ronnie James Dio. After a few albums with Dio's vocals and his songwriting collaborations, Black Sabbath endured a revolving lineup in the 1980s and 1990s that included vocalists Ian Gillan, Glenn Hughes, Ray Gillen and Tony Martin. In 1992, Iommi and Butler rejoined Dio and drummer Vinny Appice to record Dehumanizer. The original lineup reunited with Osbourne in 1997 and released a live album, Reunion. The early/mid 1980s line-up featuring Iommi, Butler, Dio, and Appice reformed in 2006 under the title, Heaven & Hell.

They made hit songs like War Pigs, Iron Man, and Paranoid with Ozzy. Hit songs like Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules with Dio.

Ozzy's Solo Career led him songs like Crazy Train, Mr Crowley, and Black Rain.

Aside from them being the First true metal band and my main inspiration for music, they also are my second favorite band of all time.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Heaven and Hell Empty Re: Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Heaven and Hell

Post  Phantom Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:54 am

Crazy Trainn <3 I like it for some reason
    That Guy
    That Guy
    First Solo
    First Solo

Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Heaven and Hell Empty Re: Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Heaven and Hell

Post  That Guy Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Crazy Train.....
    Randy Rhodes rest in peace.

He was the guitarist for Crazy Train but he died in a plane related accident shortly thereafter so in a way, Crazy Train is dedicated to him.
    Chibi
    Chibi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Chibi Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:14 am

I prefer Ozzy back in the old days with Black Sabbath. His newer albums... well they aren't the same. Kinda hard to have the classic 80s feel.. without being in the 80s. BS was one of the first bands I listened to, but never really clicked with it, until I hit my teen years.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Post  Phantom Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Heh, that probably happens a lot. I wouldn't know though cause I never listened to music as a kid.
    Chibi
    Chibi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Chibi Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Phantom wrote:Heh, that probably happens a lot. I wouldn't know though cause I never listened to music as a kid.

You had to have listened to some. Even today, I am hearing songs I heard when I was a kid, and saying "OMG! THAT'S WHO DID THAT SONG!"
    Phantom
    Phantom

Post  Phantom Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 am

Mehh.. I don't ever listen to music inless someone gives it to me to listen to
    DarkCannon
    DarkCannon
    Learning Chords
    Learning Chords

Post  DarkCannon Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 pm

This band makes Led Zeppelin look like a bunch of preschoolers. Of course they aren't as innovated as Plant and Page, but they kick ass 5x harder and with a 90% accuracy. Ozzy's early years makes me laugh. He wasn't always that crazy. XD;

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am